Frequently Asked Questions
- Is the ExCom library freely available?
Yes. It is distributed under the GNU LGPL version 3.
- I am not a Linux user. Is it possible to use the library under the Windows OS?
Yes. The ExCom library can also be built and used under the Microsoft Windows operating systems using either the MinGW or a Cygwin environment.
- How many compression algorithms are implemented in ExCom?
Currently, there are the following compression schemes available:
- Statistical methods: Shannon-Fano, Huffman (and its dynamic version)
- Dictionary methods: LZ77, LZSS, LZ78, LZW
- Context methods: ACB, DCA, PPM
- Other: Integer encoding methods
Created by: Jan Holub
Last updated: Mar 20 2013